World Trade Center Buffalo Niagara offers the opportunity to supplement your education with real world experiences
WORLD TRADE CENTER BUFFALO NIAGARA (WTCBN) offers internships to graduate students, as well as senior and junior undergraduate students attending colleges and universities. The internship recruitment & hiring timeframe for all positions is July/August for fall semester, November/December for spring semester and March/April for the summer term.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR SPRING, SUMMER and FALL 2018 INTERNSHIPS ARE NOW OPEN
WTCBN offers you the opportunity to supplement your education with real world experiences.
- Recognized worldwide - great reference
- Networking opportunities - speak directly with industry professionals and find potential employers
- Experience in a culturally diverse business environment
- College credit where accepted
WTCBN offers unique internships such as Events & Marketing and International Research. You will be given a variety of duties within the scope of the program. In order to maximize the experience, we ask for a minimum commitment of one semester from you. Multi-semester internships are available. WTCBN requires that your internship be a credit-bearing activity. Please check with your educational advisor/school internship coordinator before applying to assess the process for you to receive credits for time you spend on your WTCBN internship.
During the time frame when applications are being accepted, Intern applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. The cover letter should indicate:
- The semester period(s) for which the applicant is applying
- An approximate date on which that applicant would be available to start if selected and
- The type of activites the applicant is interested in learning more about through an internship with WTCBN
WTCBN will contact selected applicants within two weeks of the application deadline. After phone and/or in-person interviews, WTCBN will notify selected candidates.
- Commitment of one semester (10-15 hours/week)
- Being registered as a student at a college or university
- Good command of English language (foreign language is a plus)
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and research skills)
- Participation in WTCBN Programs & Events
- Some general administrative assistance
- Positive attitude
WTCBN is a professional organization and interns are expected to conduct themselves accordingly. Each intern will be given an intern handbook, covering policies and procedures and a confidentiality document is signed within the first day of the internship.